What can a child with a disability receive in Ukraine?


What should caregivers of people with disabilities know to fully access state benefits?

No items found.

1. Cash benefits
Here you can find information about amounts and necessary documents.

2. Free rehabilitation
There are two resolutions that allow you to undergo rehabilitation at state expense - Resolution 309 and Resolution 80. To do this, you need: an IPR (individual development plan for the child, provided by the LCC (medical and consultative commission) along with a disability certificate, Form 027 (provided by the pediatrician), a statement from the parents/guardians, copies of identity documents. All these documents must be submitted to the social protection department of your district (SOBEZ) and receive specific processing times for your application. It's important to do this a few months before the new year, as the budget for the next year is formed at this time, and payments for rehabilitation for people with disabilities are included.

3. Medications
Children can receive medications in two ways - through the "Accessible Medicines" program based on the list of drugs participating in the program, or through Resolution 1303. There is no list for Resolution 1303; it can be any registered medication available for sale in Ukraine. The funding for these drugs comes from the local budget, and there are no restrictions on the cost or form of the drugs. A pediatrician issues a paper prescription. In cases where budget funds have not yet been received, the healthcare facility issues a guarantee letter to the pharmacy for the reimbursement of medications given to patients in a timely manner.

4. Hygiene products (diapers, napkins, catheters, probes, etc.)
These products must be included in the IPR (changes to the IPR can be made at any time). To do this, you need to submit an application for registration of the child with the healthcare institution (where your pediatrician is located). Then, every month, you will receive the necessary hygiene products from the pediatrician.

5. Mixtures and specialized nutrition
There must be a certificate stating that the child requires this type of nutrition and how much is consumed per month. This must also be included in the IPR and provided monthly by the pediatrician.

6. Rehabilitation technical aids (wheelchairs, prosthetics, walkers, etc.)
These are processed in the same way as rehabilitation, through the social protection departments.

7. Travel benefits
Currently, they work in a peculiar way, and the government is considering changes as some local bus companies refuse to provide discounted travel citing the war. However, you can familiarize yourself with the current rules here.

What to do if a child is not receiving what the law provides?

Write a complaint to the head of the healthcare institution where the child is registered. This can be done in person or in the form of a letter, either paper or electronic. You must receive a response within one month. Every refusal must be documented! If you are denied a service, you have the right to a documented response. You should contact the local department of the Ministry of Health (city or regional, depending on your place of residence). In writing or by phone.

You can also make a complaint to the hotline for disability issues. In case your rights are being ignored, you have the right to call the police and document the violation by responsible individuals.